New Forest residents will be helped to keep warm this winter with a 'Hitting the Cold Spot' pack from Hampshire County Council.
The parcels contain advice on how to keep safe and warm when it is cold, together with a snood (scarf), a thermometer, a fridge magnet with top tips on keeping warm and instructions on how to make a draught excluder. To help prevent residents being targeted by rogue traders, there is also a 'No Cold Calling' sticker.
Useful information includes how to organise a free visit from an advisor who can help with changing energy suppliers, arranging a boiler service, fire safety checks and expert financial support. To further help reduce energy bills, there is a free insulation application form and a Warm Home Fund Grant leaflet.
NFDC portfolio holder for housing and communities, Cllr Jill Cleary, said: "We support this important initiative to help local householders keep safe and warm during the cold spells.
"I hope they find the information and items in the packs useful and seek further advice if needed."
The county council's partner organisations include New Forest District Council, the Environment Centre, WRVS, Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service, Southern Health NHS, Citizens Advice Bureaux, Community Innovation Teams, Princess Royal Trust for Carers, RHL, district councils and One Community. The packs have been distributed locally to:
- New Forest CAB
- Community First New Forest
- Hythe Meals on Wheels
- Age Concern New Forest East
- Fordingbridge Day Care Centre
- Ringwood Day Care Centre
- New Forest Bus
- First Steps New Forest
- Seedlings Children's Centre, Highwood Road, Brockenhurst
- Lymington New Forest Hospital, Wellworthy Road, Lymington
- Fordingbridge Hospital, Bartons Lane, Fordingbridge
- Pembridge House, Salisbury Road, Fordingbridge, Hants, SP6 1QT
- Hythe Community Care Team, Hythe Hospital, Beaulieu Road, Dibden Purlieu
- Milford Hospital, Sea Road, Milford-on-Sea
- Avon Valley CCT, The Old Laundry, Fordingbridge Hospital
- CMHT Becton, The Fairway, Barton-on-Sea
- Fordingbridge Police Station
- Gore Grange Day Centre
- Horrill Day Care Centre